"Writing is simply the writer and the reader on opposite ends of a pencil; they should be as close together as that."
-Jay R. Gould
Location: Library 201, Learning Commons
Director: Dr. Kathy Ivey, (828) 328-7318 email@example.com
For appointment information, click here.
What We Offer
The Writing Center is a place where all members of the Lenoir-Rhyne University community will find a caring, attentive reader for their writing in progress. By listening or reading closely and responding to ideas, we can help writers say what they want to say with greater clarity and impact.
Purpose Statement: The Lenoir-Rhyne University Writing Center fosters the development of writing and critical thinking ability by providing trained, supportive readers and listeners.
We Do . . .
- help you understand your written assignment
- help you get started with a writing assignment
- help you develop and organize your ideas
- help you with style, voice, grammar, and punctuation
- help you become a better editor and proofreader
We Do Not . . .
- proofread your writing (without your participation)
- write or rewrite your paper
- suggest a grade for your paper